The objectives of CSOA are to:
Membership is open to any individual interested in officiating interscholastic soccer. It is preferred that you have a current certification(s) with U.S. Soccer, the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), or the National Intercollegiate Soccer Officials Association (NISOA). If your certifications are not current, previous experience refereeing soccer is acceptable as CSOA will help you get certified.
The specific qualification policies for VHSL include:
- An individual must be 18 years of age or a high school graduate to register to officiate interscholastic contests.
- A high school senior who is at least 17 years of age may register with CSOA but cannot officiate at the high school level.
- To officiate VHSL sanctioned games officials must register with VHSL, pass the NFHS soccer rules exam for the current season, and attend a state rules clinic.
- Transfer officials must provide written proof that they have passed an exam in their previous state for the current season. (Email confirmation is acceptable.)
- Maryland officials must provide written proof that they have passed a current season exam. (Email confirmation is acceptable.)
If you are interested in becoming a member, learn more...
If you are a school who is interested in doing business with us, learn more...
CSOA board members:
|VP for Training
|Members at Large
Dena Morrison, CSOA Assignor
CSOA Phone: Business & Game day issues (703) 357-7921
Alt Cell: Non-critical CSOA texts/calls (703) 346-6820
Miles Kara, former CSOA Assignor, email@example.com
CSOA Corporate Mailing Address:
210 Mc Henry Street
Vienna, VA 22180-6603