SThe Commonwealth Soccer Officials Association (CSOA) is an independent association of certified soccer officials. CSOA provides referees to officiate at all levels of high school competition in Northern and Northwestern Virginia, to include Alexandria City, Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax, Loudoun, Stafford and Prince William counties. Games are officiated in accordance with the laws/rules of soccer as set forth by the national and state governing bodies for high school athletics.
The objectives of CSOA are to:
- Promote and maintain the highest standard of soccer officiating;
- Provide opportunities to advance officiating skills by periodic training and evaluation; and
- Further the interest and ideals of the sport of soccer by cooperating with organizations and associations officially related to the sport.
Membership is open to any soccer official that holds a current registration (referee, assessor or assignor), and meets the qualifications set forth by either the United States Soccer Federation (USSF), the National Federation of State High School Associations (NF), or the National Intercollegiate Soccer Officials Association (NISOA).
The qualification policies for VHSL include:
- An individual must be 18 years of age or a high school graduate to register to officiate interscholastic contests
- A high school senior who is at least 17 years of age may register with CSOA but cannot officiate at the high school level.
- To officiate VHSL sanction games officials must register with VHSL, pass the NFHS soccer rules exam for the current season, and attend a state rules clinic.
- Transfer officials must provide written proof that they have passed an exam in their previous state for the current season. (Email confirmation is acceptable.)
- Maryland officials must provide written proof that they have passed a current season exam. (Email confirmation is acceptable.)
If you are interested in becoming a member, learn more...
If you are a school who is interested in doing business with us, learn more...
Download Bylaw documentation : Word | PDF
Other CSOA board members:
|VP for Training
|Members at Large
Miles Kara, CSOA Assignor
CSOA Corporate Mailing Address:
210 Mc Henry Street
Vienna, VA 22180-6603